Are you interested in improving your health, managing stress, restoring energy, increasing self-awareness, and achieving greater happiness?
Discover how yoga and meditation
can help you feel at ease with greater peace.
I offer a variety of public and private yoga classes for individuals and groups. In my classes, I incorporate the principles of accessible and trauma-informed yoga to share the yoga with all people in a safe environment.
- Hatha Yoga: Experience greater strength, flexibility and balance by practicing yoga postures, deep relaxation, breathing practices and meditation.
- Gentle or Chair Yoga: Enjoy warm-ups and Hatha yoga postures while comfortably seated or using a chair as a prop for assistance. Rejuvenate with deep relaxation, breathing practices and guided meditation.
- Wheelchair Yoga: Warm up joints, stretch muscles, and experience calm either seated or on the floor, if you can transfer easily from your wheelchair.
- Restorative Yoga: Slow down, open your body, and relax deeply through passive stretching supported by bolsters, blankets and props. Focus on breathing, gentle music and guided meditation to renew and restore.
- Stress Management Yoga: Reduce stress and anxiety by unifying the body, mind and spirit. Explore easeful postures, breathing practices and reframing techniques to relax and gain clarity.
- Yoga for Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI): Build resilience, community connection and well-being in a 6-week, evidence-based, yoga and meditation program for people with TBI and caregivers based on LoveYourBrain Yoga.
- Meditation & Mindfulness Practices: Improve attention, expand emotional intelligence, and create beneficial habits with a daily practice of meditation and mindfulness.
Yoga therapy is based on a timeless and holistic yogic model of health that addresses every aspect of your life rather than addressing physical, emotional or spiritual challenges separately. Its goal is to empower you to improve your health and well being.
As a certified yoga therapist (C-IAYT) and experienced yoga instructor (RYT-500), I meet with you one-on-one to understand your needs. Then we work together using yoga techniques to improve the quality of your life.
I really enjoy and look forward to Marie’s gentle yoga class for seniors. The class is both challenging and relaxing. Just the perfect mix. And I love that Marie tells us how to modify if we’re hurting one day. Thanks for being such a wonderful and calming teacher. Love this class! I'll be there next week. ~M.B.
I attend a small group Hatha Yoga class taught by Marie. Her instructions are super clear. I always know what to do and don't have to keep squinting at the Zoom screen to see her because she so clearly guides us through the poses. Marie often explains what the yoga pose is doing for my body's digestion or stability or strength. I like learning more about my body as we practice yoga. Thanks! ~M.J.
I continue to return to this practice because it helps me to harmonize my body and mind, and it has greatly helped me to manage stressors in a natural way. On a daily basis, I experience stress by trying to meet professional deadlines, responding to challenging client demands, suffering environmental stressors (i.e., fires, bad air, and storms), surviving public health crises (i.e., Covid-19), facing political chaos, and managing countless professional emails which hijack my attention anytime of the day and night. These stressors keep my mind and body in a constant “fight or flight'' mode. As a result, I find myself suffering from anxiety, depression, restless sleep, and high blood pressure. Attending restorative yoga sessions led by Marie Prashanti has helped me to reverse many of these adverse impacts of stress. Over time, with Marie’s expert help, I am healing both in mind and body. I return to Marie's guidance because she nurtures my body and soul. ~ T.L.